MUSTARD YELLOW COLOR BLOCK
Today's post is not really about the mustard yellow color block. it’s about faith. yes Faith. If you didn’t know already, I am first a minister of God through music, a worship leader and everything else comes after.
Purpose isn’t always cute and pretty. Sometimes purpose backs you up against the wall and you have to decide whether to allow fear to make you quit or to come out in beastmode. We all get those days that we just don't feel good enough for anything. Everything is going wrong or not as planned or we are in the waiting processes that seems like is taking forever! Yep everybody goes through that!!.
I just wanted to share with you how I encourage myself and you could too. We are living in a world that is so full of negativity and evil that if we are not careful we start believing those words and slowly lose our faith. A good way to encourage yourself is to speak what you are and what you see in yourself. I posted this on my Instagram page here and I was amazed at how much impact it had. I received so many positive dms so I thought I would just share it again here. This is what it says.
She is a masterpiece and a work in progress. She is a prayerful woman .She knows what she wants, She speaks her mind. She is a giver. She is able to give and receive love. She stands up for what she believes in. She is a go getter. She has a sense of right and wrong (i.e. morals/values ) She has self-esteem. She knows who she is in Christ Jesus. She forgives easily. She sees the best in people, She is a motivator/encourager/supporter. She can be both dependent, independent, and interdependent. She is a hard worker. She is sensitive, soft but strong. She is a black strong woman!! She is ME.
The quote above was from me, But I have some favorite scriptures too that help me and can help you pick up your self-esteem when the going gets tough.
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.
- Psalm 46:5. God is within her, she will not fall.
- Proverbs 31:25. She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
- 1 Corinthians 25:10:By the grace of God, I am what I am.
- Romans 5:8:I loved you at your darkest.
- Psalm 62:5-6:Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on Him. God alone is the mighty rock that keeps me safe, and he is the fortress where I feel secure.
- 2 Timothy 1:7:For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.
- 1 Peter 2:9:But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- 2 Chronicles 20:15:The battle is not ours, but God's.
I hope I have touched and encouraged someone today. Even if it’s just one person. Be encouraged. Enjoy the pictures for today's post. I have linked everything below and thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Till next time, stay stylish and be YOU!
CHECK OUT MY WISHLIST FOR SPRING FROM SHEIN